Friday, August 28, 2009

InkScape

In the past few days, I discovered a new program to design and edit images. It is called "Inkscape".
As part of my activity at "Software Freedom Day @ Alexandria University", we needed to customize some logos of the event. The official site of SFD suggested Inkscape as it is an open source program, so I decided to have a look at it.
I was surpissed how easy it is to edit something or event create something from scratch. I didn't try a lot of programs before. But as I remember, I had a difficult experience with photoshop for example.
Another feature in Inkscape, which I personally think it is its main power point, is that each line in the image is a vector that you can easily change. You also can change the size of the image without worring about its resolution.
There are versions for different platforms starting from Windows to Linux and MAC. You can check their website: http://www.inkscape.org/download/
I hope you like it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment